What do you know about landscaping? Are you also dreaming about a beautiful garden? With a little effort and a lot of creativity, you can create a professional-level outdoor space. Think retaining walls for flower beds, pretty garden paths, and bubbling water features. A key part of designing your garden is planning the space, the boundaries you use to divide it to create interest and mystery. Take the viewer on a journey, setting the scene with buildings, sculptures and backdrops.
Tips - Landscaping
Would you like to experiment with landscaping? Here are some top tips how you can start in your own garden:
- Add a flower bed border by simply adding a stone edge to smarten up plain flower beds
- Link points of interest with a path, use reclaimed pallet wood to add some character to an under utilised corner or connect two points of your garden.
- Light up your garden: Not only is landscape lighting aesthetically pleasing, it also increases safety by making sure paths (and obstacles) are visible after sunset.
- Pergolas and arches lead a visitor through from one part of the garden to another to reveal the secrets beyond. Run an inviting path through the middle and scramble deliciously fragrant plants over the top.
- Decks are an economic and warm surface for gardens, at Frosts Garden Centre we have all you need to create your perfect outdoor eating area or sun deck.
Please ask the staff in our Frosts Garden Centres for more information and advice about landscaping. Our garden centres are located in Woburn Sands, Willington, Millets Farm and Brampton. We hope to see you soon!