Apprentice Commis Chef
Apprentice Commis Chef
If you’re ready to be part of our Frosts Woburn Sands team of talented and experienced chefs and receive some great training, then this is the job for you! Are you looking to take your career to the next level and beyond in delivering high standards of excellence? This is a great chance for you to start your Commis Chef journey!
Frosts Garden Centres are leading the way to bring garden centre restaurants into the forefront of the food and catering industry. Under the direction of our Group Head Chef, our food is sourced carefully with provenance and our menus are developed to both comfort and challenge our customers.
Apprentice Commis Chef main responsibilities are:
- Prepare and produce fresh food to a high quality on a daily basis under supervision – this creates a dynamic and exciting environment, with very busy lunchtime services and daily menu changes
- Provide a range of fresh produce and choice for breakfast and lunch services, including hot food, deli, soups and sandwiches, cream teas, and home baked cakes
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Knowing how to stock rotate correctly with minimal wastage along with date labelling
- Training and learning
- Cleaning stations
Rewards and benefits:
- Training towards Level 2 Catering and Professional Chefs Apprenticeship standard
- Working straight shifts, evenings off
- 28 days holiday per year, rising with service
- Christmas day, Boxing day and Easter Sunday off
- Uniform provided
- Staff discount in stores and restaurants
- Support to ensure you reach your goals and ambitions including any additional qualifications
- Flexibility to move within the group
- As an apprentice, you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice Extra card - this will allow you to gain discounts on travel, food and on over 200 online and high street retailers.
Desirable - grade C/4 or above in both English and maths (GCSE or equivalent).
- Able to produce fresh food to a high standard
- Fantastic time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Basic knife skills
- Genuine passion for food and the industry
- Understanding kitchen cleanliness and health and hygiene
- Great attitude and approach to learning
- Good work ethic
Working for us allows you to develop your skills across all sections in line with your apprenticeship modules, allowing you to apply your training in the workplace.
Level 2 in Catering and Professional Chefs Apprenticeship Standard
- Knowledge and Understanding, Skills, and Behaviours
- Regular visits from the college to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Ongoing training and assessment from the employer
- End point assessment
We actively encourage employees to move within the group, to promote career progression and development. We are genuinely committed to developing our employees in the catering industry.
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.